Monday, July 13, 2009

Old Drama Brought Up

Today has not been a good day, for reasons that are complicated and just... ugh. An old topic brought up for no reason but to get into a snit about it. I don't know about the other parties, but I have my own opinions on the matter. Don't try to change what I believe. Fighting, lecturing and simplifying situations that I didn't begin or ask to bring up isn't going to change anything. It's just going to ruin a day.

And so we said nothing all day. I stayed in here all day, venturing out only to fetch provisions (bananas, a burnt muffin and eventually a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich), brooding over something that I didn't do or want to talk about. In fact, I didn't say anything. What could I have said to change anything? Nothing. I didn't start this, whatever guilt is thrust at me.

I went outside when the yelling started. I sat by the river, pretended that bugs weren't crawling on me. Eventually I went and sat on the second step of the deck. You came out, talked at me, left.

I didn't ask you to say anything. That's why I went outside. I didn't say anything, do anything. Please don't try to convince me. It just makes me hurt inside.

2 comments:

  1. =( sucks when one little thing ruins your day. I've had those days where I just had to get out of the house and go where ever the wind takes me until everything cooled down. It helps. Hope it's over with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does suck. :/ I hope it's over with, too. If it isn't, I don't know what I'll do.

    ReplyDelete