Monday, November 29, 2010

The crossing of paths.

The science wing is separated from the main building by a gated courtyard and double doors at each end, and one of each is locked from the outside. This equates to congestion between classes until someone has the sense to open the other door from the inside and the fact that, unless I make a point to reach around and pop open the other door (which I have done), I am forced to let my ex-boyfriend hold a door open for me on occasion.

I dislike the fact that I still see this boy as a major source of trauma in my life. Granted, I'm much better off than I was months ago. I am, largely, past it. I am no longer a wreck as a result of his general idiocy, and I have passed the point where I notice what color shirt he is wearing every day (it thrills me).

Still, it frustrates me. I want to be over the fact that I let this boy into my life and he hurt me. I want it to dissipate magically, and worse, I find myself thinking about myself in relation to the opposite sex. I find myself thinking that I want that again, that feeling of elation and hope.

And I do, of course. I am a teenage girl. I am also human (yes, you are rightly shocked).

There was a moment this morning that we rounded a corner at the same time, and in the second that we crossed paths I could have sworn I felt the inches hovering between us. A split second, I thought.

It's silly, maybe.

I find myself wishing I were more than I am, and that just doesn't work.

2 comments:

  1. No, it doesn't work. How about wishing you could see yourself as others (namely Dorian and I) see you? That way you would end-up duly impressed but hopefully never satisfied, for then you'd cease to strive for better.

    Never stop doing that last part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dobbin is nothing more than the silliest of silly billies for letting you go.

    And you are so amazing Katherine, m'darling, that you are sure to have an amazing, thrilling romantic life. :) It might not be until after you get out of tiny-town Texas, but it will definitely happen.

    If you actually managed to be more than you are, you'd accomplish a scientific miracle--because then you'd reach infinity.

    ReplyDelete