Sunday, May 22, 2011

Moving forward.

FutureMe is a website that allows you to compose emails and have them sent to you at a predetermined point in the future. I can't recall how exactly I discovered it (such is the rabbit hole that is the internet), but I got on a slight kick last year in the midst of chaos and as host of worries morphed into a funhouse mirror reality.

I received this letter in my inbox today and felt compelled to share. It is, oddly, these words more than most that warm the cockles of my weatherworn heart as I stagnate in the space of time before I graduate* and separate myself from this (irony of ironies) godforsaken tiny Texas town. I may be broken. I may always be broken, but I am truly, truly at the best place emotionally and as a person that I have ever been in my life right now.

I made it.

Saturday, May 22, 2010
This evening I'm meant to go to a high school graduation, and it gets me thinking about what could happen in the next year. It gets me thinking that... so much happens, so quickly, and that in a year I will be graduating, hopefully, and things like that. It gets me thinking that so much is going to happen so fast and stress takes over so easily.

So I hope that this next year is wonderful. I hope that things get BETTER and that you have more hope and things don't fall apart so easily. Crazy may be defined in one case as "full of cracks and flaws," but being a little crazy means you're at least THINKING, right? Normalcy is stupid. You--I, whatever--aren't normal. You--I, whatever--are wonderful.

I hope to work on living that way.

Congratulations on graduating. If you could send me lovely assuring psychic waves from the future it would be helpful.

Yours,
Me, you, I, whatever.


*I will be graduating from tinytowntexas high school on the 28th of this month. Newfound wisdom and funny hat pictures will follow.

1 comment: