Monday, April 11, 2011

Blog Every Day April: 4/11

"the more you love me, the more I will ruin you.
I will take my darkness and I will push it inside you."
The Realm of Possibility
David Levithan

I don't want to write today. Okay: maybe I like the idea of having written today, but I don't like the fact that I am putting words to potential ink at this moment, and I don't have a particular reason why. I love writing more than most things in life (including but not limited to: mac n' cheese, balancing forks on my head and taking long walks on the beach with the god Edward Cullen), but today the words are stubborn as I search for sense in them. (Wait, that's every day. Darn.)

There has been a slight drenching of prom news (the music was iffy, people danced occasionally between hissy fits) and senior antics (senior skip day! Things I had no clue existed until now!) in the past day or so; with each new detail I am increasingly glad I have had nothing to do with either.

I wore a skirt today and was complimented several times, which is nice in theory, but my thoughts are ever in a distracting sort of why are people looking at me even mode. Otherwise known as Yes, Katherine has legs. Okay now. I would much rather be heralded for my (definitely existent) smooth wit and practiced charm, but then one can't have everything.

More so, however, I must admit that I find some comfort in being invisible. The sidelines aren't all bad.

In other news pertaining to things that don't matter, I have discovered that the hair product I've been using for months might may be useless, as I haven't applied it in three days and my glorious tresses are more cooperative than usual. The things that are relevant to your interests, friends. Oh, the things.

The cat is curled in a chair to my left, one eye on me as I type. He stretches and resumes routine maintenance to his hindquarters for a moment before shifting back to his previous position. It's odd to have a cat that can stand me. Our other cat couldn't care less.

Since beginning this post I have reorganized the tags on my blog, sorted through a few desk items and eaten dinner. I'm bad at this. Hi. You didn't notice I was gone, but I did. Full disclosure!

I curl up on the love seat as I type this, half watching inane television. A middle school dance scene is playing out, and it amuses me. It also makes my stomach hurt. WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO ME, INANE TELEVISION SHOW. YOU ARE A LIAR.

The things I do with my time.

My mother purchased a roll of stamps today. I plan to soon besiege Lydia with my various ramblings via the wonder of the mail waves, as she is cool and I love her. Do you want letters from me, internet? I love the idea of letters, despite the fact that I haven't much practice in writing them. Give me tasks! (I have nice handwriting, if nothing else.)

I will leave you with one last important message, passed on through the ages: Don't take candy from strangers. (Except on Halloween.) (Or from people campaigning for your heart and loyalty.) (Or at events in which fancy people sit at tables and give you information regarding their noble sponsor. What are those, again?) (There really are a lot of candy receiving situations in life, aren't there?)

It occurred to me recently how ridiculous the phrasing "God made dirt so dirt don't hurt" is. What next, "God made judgement but I find it to be vastly overrated"? "Life is fairies and rainbows, why don't we all stand in the middle of the road with our eyes closed"?

I've since come to the conclusion that unless rattlesnake venom or, say, humanity were created by God's kooky, slightly maniacal brother Garth, our friends at the Adorable Idiom department are somewhat deluded.

Use good judgement, friends. Don't take candy from Garth.

3 comments:

  1. Ahahaha, I love you so much Katherine.

    Speaking of PROM, I am actually going...a fact that makes me rather nervous. A senior FRIEND requested my company, and because we're FRIENDS, I graciously accepted, of course. But, um, yeah, I feel a bit awkward about junioring it up at prom. Especially since my brother will be there, and I don't want him to be all, "Geez, can't the lil sis leave me alone on prom night?!" Meh. But it should be okay. I do need to get a dress though...

    I'm sorry, was I just BABBLING ENDLESSLY? (What else is new?)

    Umm...I also feel uncomfortable dressing ~pretty~ on normal days, though I don't mind being ~flashy and fabulous~ for formal occasions.

    I love letters. Send them to me. Or something. If you want. You know.

    Aaaaaaand, yeah, that's a stupid idiom. I don't think that I've ever heard it before.

    OKAY YOU ARE AWESOME AND I LIKE RAMBLING LOVE YOU BYE

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOD MADE PEOPLE AND THEY SUCK. SO THERE'S THAT, TOO.

    I love letters!! You shall be receiving some IN THE NEAR FUTURE. But not, like, tomorrow, because I still need to sit down and do some WRITING of said letters.

    Your prom was so early! Or maybe it wasn't. When are you done with school??

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALSO!!!!!!!!!! REALM OF POSSIBILITY!!!!!! YAY!!!

    :D

    I hope you love it.

    ReplyDelete