Sunday, April 17, 2011

Blog Every Day April: 4/17

"Tonight I steam pasta until my wallpaper curls
from the walls, slice heavy globes of tomatoes
that separate in sighs of juice and seed,
then toss them with hot spaghetti and the green
my garden has produced with sun, wind, earth,
moon, rain. . ."
Pesto in August
Katrina Vandenberg

When in doubt, drown your sorrows in cheez its.

Or popcorn. Popcorn is my poison of choice at the moment, as I promised myself I could have it when I finished Ye Old Initials' essay. Which I did. After two hours.

It was a (handwritten) two page essay. I am crazy.

Also: a scant 1/4 cup popcorn kernels, salt and olive oil to taste, a brown paper lunch sack folded over and two minutes in the microwave = majesty. Cheap, yummy and the perfect serving. If you were wondering. Even if you weren't, really. I force it upon you with love.

As I clearly a) am lazy and b) find way too much amusement in taking pictures of myself and surrounding areas, I will now take you on a photographic tour of my day.

You're welcome.

This is a chair my mom often sits in. I was feeling sad because she wasn't sitting in it.

We drove an hour in an attempt to find food. We stopped in a shoe store and I amused myself as best I could considering shopping makes me nauseous. Mirror photos make me giggle, so I've taken to taking (ha!) them. I know, I know. Judge me, I can take it.

It took a long time to find the food, but I got a nutella crepe out the venture, so that was good despite the sugar rush (and subsequent crash) that followed. Health!

Later I painted my toenails (second from the right, for those positively bursting to know).

In mid-essay mode. I have an argh face. It is attractive. I am also now obsessed with Say Anything, thanks to Lydia, which proved a useful (if distracting) writing background.

Popcorn!

I lead an exciting life.

3 comments:

  1. PHOTO TOURS OF YOUR DAY ARE MY NEW FAVORITE THING.

    You are so adorable and omg.

    Also, that popcorn looks DELICIOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU FOR THE POPCORN RECIPE. I WILL USE IT OFTEN. I'M SHOUTING BECAUSE I'M SO EXCITED. :D

    Also, NUTELLA CREPE. I WANT. SO GOOD. NOM. :D

    I love nail polish. So much.

    That video looks suspiciously familiar. ;) Say Anything, FTW!! :D

    I can't stop gushing. Pictures are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be back in the chair before you know it.

    ReplyDelete