Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Blog Every Day April: 4/19

"Should they kill me, your love will fill me as warm as the bullets."
Alive With the Glory of Love
Say Anything

I am still obsessed with this. For the record.

My grandmother answers the phone. It's my father, for her. He would never call this house if my mother were here. He doesn't call me. He doesn't email me.

This is the part where I refrain from cursing. I am a static mess of angst sometimes.

My boss gave me 101 Things You Should Do Before You Graduate in anticipation of my graduation (excuse me while I dance around the room because I love my job). Currently I have it open to #32 or Shun Procrastination, which is actually somewhat useful ("Give yourself the luxury of being human") despite the fact that I am currently using our time here to... um... assess my options in time management.

#27 however, Go on a Blind Date with No Expectations, is less helpful. You expect so much from me, book. a) I might die. b) how does one even get one of those? There are about five boys at my school I find mighty fine. I wrote a list once, as I am clearly insane.

And you see, I'm the kind of person who says things like "mighty fine" on a regular basis without a twee sort of mocking. I am not quite one with the young folk, and fear I would punch a blind date in spite of myself.

In fact, I would probably punch whoever set it up as well. I cannot see a world in which I would accept such an event. (I have never punched anyone. I could, in theory, do many things. "It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities" and all that. Still, though.)

"You've got style. It's part of who you are, woven right into your soul" hails from #97, Wear What Feels Good.

I once owned a purple velour tracksuit.

That is all.


Days until mommy comes home: 4

2 comments:

  1. I went on a blind date once. It was the absolute worst. The guy was horrible. HORRIBLE. His name was Austin and I remember the night ending with me saying something like, "Austin, you are every bit as classy as the entire stupid state of Texas!" Something like that. Which I realize is rude to your state. I'm sorry for being rude to your state. He probably took that as a compliment though.

    I'm sorry for telephone douchebaggery. :(

    Yay, Mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, sounds like a fun book. :)

    Maybe one day things will be okay between you and your dad. He probably doesn't talk to you right now because he's too ashamed of himself to be able to face his daughter.

    LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete