Thursday, April 7, 2011

Blog Every Day April: 4/7

"raze, v.
It sounded like you were lifting me, but it all fell."
The Lover's Dictionary
David Levithan

I finish the physics assignment before anyone else and relocate farther away from the window in order to soak myself in music for the rest of the period.

A note on the board reads "my-toe-kon-dree-uh"; standardized testing looms close for the juniors in this class and today we fill in a worksheet on cell organelles. Tomorrow ends the last marking period that will influence class ranking for the mighty seniors, and I am caught in the frenzy that buzzes around me while reminding myself of the fact that at this point it really doesn't matter.

I don't plan to drop everything in a fit of (late) rebellion, but really: I have a 3.9 grade point average. I've done my time. The state university I've chosen to attend in the fall isn't going to snub be for making, say, two Bs in the entirety of my high school career.

I honestly don't know what my grades are right now. I turn things in and study where appropriate and that has always been that.

I'm tired of worrying.

In math my friend John offers me a neon orange ring and pronounces us ring buddies, but not before singing me a rousing chorus of TSwift's Romeo and Juliet ("marry me Juliet, you never have to be alone...") and chiding me for shunning prom and failing to mention him in my blog.

It isn't that I haven't considered mentioning him here before. It's more that he will very definitely read this. It's more that I am terrible at friendship and, to a large extent, people.

He sings me love songs. He also happens to be gay. My life is interesting on occasion.

I feel it's relevant to note that I'm watching Tangled again, as I am a classy individual. I also received my senior pictures today, a few of which I will present you here because... I can? Vanity, thy name is Katherine.


As the (lovely, excellent, I would recommend her) photographer aptly called it upon our first meeting: "Usually it's the boys who are dragged" to have their portraits done. I was that exception, but the experience was fine once I got over nerves and the fact that someone was taking pictures of me (which, of course, is not at all an easy feat).


BOOKS.

To end on another irrelevant note, catlovingmathteacher continues to prove that math can be fun. Today, for instance, we were graced with the following gem: "I always like to put punctuation in; it's one of my favorite vegetables."

It doesn't make much sense in context, either.

I love teachers.

4 comments:

  1. I love and adore that picture of you with the books. omg. (I recognize most of them. haha.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please make the second one your profile picture somewhere. It is beautiful. Also your smile is adorable. #sap

    HEY KATHERINE can I take you on random photoshoots for the lulz once you get to here. Because pretty pictures are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaha, catlovingmathteacher<3

    Blah, I cannot decide if I want high school to be over with already, or if I want it to last forever. Growing up is so laaaaaaaaaaame. But also, high school kind of sucks, so yeah.

    ANYWAY YOU'RE AWESOME AND I LOVE YOU BYE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spent a good deal of my prom dancing with my gay bff. We were also forced to stop sitting next to each other in a summer Driver's Ed class (which was the worst. My mother forced me into that one.) after the instructor found our acting out an over-the-top marriage proposal to be 'too distracting' from learning the harrowing rules of the road. Someday men who are interested in our lady parts will sing us love songs. Probably. I mean, maybe. Whatever, love songs are overrated anyway.

    I LIKE PICTURES. THEY ARE PRETTY. YOU ARE PRETTY.

    ReplyDelete