Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blog Every Day April: 4/20

"So we move down the empty road. I don't want to own these prairies, or photograph them, or change them, or stop or even keep going. We are just moving down the empty road."
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
Robert M. Pirsig

I am currently sitting on my bedroom floor. I decided to reorganize/dispose of some jewelry and miscellany, and this space was most logical for the task. Said items are nicely put away now (why do I own so much stuff even I am terrible), yet I remain on the floor.

As one does.

I'm preoccupied with a thing. A thing, yes, and I find it to be distracting me from composing these words. Also, the screen is blurry. Or else I'm blurry. I do not know why this is. (This is the quality you've come to expect from me. You're welcome.)

(I've been debating whether to discuss this thing with you for several days now, which is somewhat hindering my creative flow here. Creative flow. I am amused by this phrasing. Clearly I am an evil genius writer with a pet rabbit called Leroy and a threadbare magenta beret, sitting at the crossroads with a beer in one hand and a stolen hotel pen in the other, inking words onto the back of my hand, plotting.)

(I do not claim to make sense. Usually.)

In the minutes following the commencement of this blur festival of sorts I have decided that leftover smoke (fire alarms are useful?) may be travelling through the air vents and attempting to blind me. So there's that.

A blood drive was hosted at my school today. As such, my day went mostly like this: "Did you give blood, Katherine?"

"No, they won't let me."

"Why?"

"I lived overseas for too long and apparently must have mad cow disease."

"Wha...?"

Forgive me if I am wholly uninformed, but I would assume that people donate blood in foreign countries, and I am almost entirely certain I do not suffer from Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.

Just a thought.

My glorious best friend and internet wife sent me (IN THE MAIL) paper cranes she made to cheer me up this week. The envelope was also filled with glitter, which is now everywhere. I love it. I love her. I am the biggest sap, which I don't find to be a problem.

Three cheers for my good friend and fellow glitter enthusiast, John. He placed first in our school's talent show tonight. I'm sure it was glorious. (Also, he's guilting me into mentioning him. Not cool, John. Not cool. Even though you may be.)

And, finally, my future roommate and partner in crazy, Laurel, is having a terrible week. Can we please all agree to lavish her in comforting messages?


Days until mommy comes home: 3

2 comments:

  1. I wanna know about the Thing! Also, was there a FIRE in your HOUSE?

    Also, I love you. AND YOUR FLOW, CREATIVE OR OTHERWISE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SUCK AT TIMELY RESPONSES BUT I HAVE A LETTER AND WILL MAIL IT SHORTLY I HOPE. /yellrant

    I started skipping the Europe part and just telling people I have Mad Cow Disease. It's pretty hilarious. :D

    My town had an annual blood drive that was a competition between the two main high schools. Everyone who gave blood got a FREE TSHIRT, one that said "I bleed red!" (duh, boring.) because the rival school's main color was red, and the other that said "I bleed blue!" (haha, funny!) because blue was our main color. And I never got one. Which made me sad, even though I probably wouldn't have kept the stupid thing, anyway. ...that was a ridiculous story I just told you.

    ReplyDelete