Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Blog Every Day August: 8/11

I do my own laundry. There is no dramatic explanation for this. It seems to me that a seventeen year old girl might do her own laundry if, say, she was forced to do so by her elders. But no. I do my own laundry only because it means I know where all my clothes are at once and they don't get mixed in with my sister's clothes (because then she will wear them, and I'd rather have my own clothes to myself, thanks much). It's easier, and it isn't difficult. In fact, I somewhat enjoy the task. However, as a result of this decision, I tend to do all of my laundry in the middle of the night. It also explains why I am sitting at my computer in jogging pants and an oversized t-shirt attempting to write a blog.

Today was vastly uneventful until a few hours ago. A large part of it was spent sulking (school, school, school, what do I do, things will fall apart, ahhhhh depression). Then I sat on my bedroom floor to sift through belongings and discovered a beanie I wore in middle school. It amused me, as I am still somehow in possession of this picture. This ensued. It was a fun time. And so I sifted and sifted and put things in piles, realizing: this is the last of it. After this I've gone through everything. Thoroughly weird feeling. It took a few hours and now I'm finished. Sure, I'll probably move a few things around some more, but essentially I'm through. So, for your viewing pleasure, I present The Rooms In Which I Occupy.

While I never did a proper "before," thinking the project would be smaller than it was, here's a bit of an idea:



Presently:

Study.*

Room.
(if you'd like to creep on the bookshelf to the extent that it's possible, see here. And if for some reason you'd like to creep on my other bookshelves, let me know. As an internet stalker, myself... I have to ask.)

Closet.
(note that you can see the floor.)

I'd also like to put forth, considering the length of time I spent on this, that much of the result isn't aesthetic. Most of it was sorting papers and bins and shuffling their whereabouts. But there you are! The fruits of my work. I started this project in June, so it's been a long time coming. So much stuff! Now I must be off to do more laundry and spend time in the presence of ye old grand treadmill of doom. Or VoldeTread. Whichever you prefer.


*You may ask "but why does Katherine have a study?" The answer, simply, is that my time spent homeschooling made it a good idea. Also I'm lucky and it's a re-purposed dining room.

6 comments:

  1. There must be something going around, because I have been doing the same exact thing for the past few days. :D Yours is impressive. Somehow my room looks messier now than it did before. *shifty eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that always the way? Maybe it's something of the "it has to get worse before it gets better" variety, but... yes. You'll get there! xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to creep on your bookshelves. That'd be nice xD. Awesome job cleaning out your room! Mine never stays clean for over a week. And by clean I don't mean filth but like, just stuff. It's everywhere. I usually just put everything on the floor to make room for myself to sleep on the bed every night. It's kinda sad haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol yeah, I need to clean my room too. XD

    Good job though. Very impressive. :) And thanks for providing pics to creep on. ;)

    Also, the beanie pic from the past is hilarious, and the recent one is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I do my own laundry only because it means I know where all my clothes are at once"

    Precisely! This is my argument! That was my plan for this summer, but my mom has ended up doing it generally because I'll get up to my room and all my dirty clothes will have been spirited away to the laundry room. And then it takes forEVER to get stuff back because my mom sorts by color extensively - blues, greens, reds, etc. Myself, I prefer to do just lights and darks. Much simpler.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I. Love. Organizing! Really, I'm a total anorak about throwing things away and putting other things into perfectly proper piles. More alliteration! More win! (Sorry for the sudden comment flood. I'm playing catch-up.)

    ReplyDelete