Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Blog Every Day August: 8/25

Day three of school complete. This blog has been a bit of a fail recently. You probably love me anyway. For which, you know, I'm grateful. Let's see what my scattered thoughts have to offer you this evening.

Drawing a blank.

Our classes are forty-five minutes long. There are eight of them, with an advisory between first and second periods and two lunch periods dependent on one's fourth period class. School begins at 7:50 and ends at 3:45. My alertness kicks in around 1 pm. It's pretty beautiful. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I work in the library until 4:30. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I work until 8:00. I also work two class periods; at the moment fourth and seventh, but it's set to change to seventh and eighth. I feel as if I might curse it by saying this, being that today was only day three, but I'm loving the library so far. They're so nice! And I do cool stuff!

As I say, my schedule is set to be fixed. They put me in Animation, where ye old Dobbin is also, when I was supposed to be in Psychology. The Career Prep teacher/coordinator worked magic and it is supposed to be changed. With magic. My only worry now is what lunch period I will have, as it could very well change when my schedule does. There are pros and cons to A Lunch, which I've been going to so far. The pro is that my sister has this lunch. The con is that Dobbin does also. But whatever. He can go die. I don't know. He has become a bigger issue since his existence is now regularly crossing mine. Being mature sucks. WHY CAN I NOT YELL AT YOU? Deep breaths. I'm okay. This too shall pass. Maybe.

First period I have Career Prep. So far we have a walloping four students in there. Two of us have jobs, the other two are looking. Taking Career Prep/Work Co-Op allows you to have work periods, also, and gain credits for that time. Pretty cool. I like that it's first period. I also like that there are so few of us, though that will probably change soon enough. Apparently the teacher's fourth period has thirty students in it. Eek?

Advisory. I'm supposed to turn in forms. The thing is, one of the forms confirms I've received a Student Handbook. But I never received one, so I can hardly confirm this, can I? Also forms are annoying and I'm putting it off. The teacher of this advisory is a Spanish teacher. Fun fact: I have my (required) two language credits in Italian. They (surprise, surprise!) don't have Italian here, so I can't get a third language credit so I look awesome. Oh well. Also notable is the fact that the only Italian I have managed to retain is the ability to ask for ice-cream. It's useful.

Second period, Physics. A mixture of Juniors and Seniors. New (to the school, at least) teacher, seems nice enough. He's kind of... attractive. Not in a way that I would ever actually be attracted to him, but he's nice looking. A red head. Um. There is another male teacher on the same hall, however, that is quite attractive. Not relevant. Anyway. At the moment we're doing lab safety. Oh! And yesterday we learned about one another by writing down and reading aloud facts about ourselves. I counted four girls in a row listing their favorite book as Twilight. It made my heart sad.

Third period, Pre-Cal. Math and I are not friends. Sure, I have always passed. Sure, my worst report card grade was a (traumatizing) C+ in fourth grade. I like it when I understand it, but this is rare. As I took Algebra II in a hasty computer course last semester, I am worried. The teacher is pretty goofy, but he knows it. And owns it. I don't know what students think of him, but I can tell you that he would be easy to taunt were his attitude different. So that's cool. Still worried about math, though. Gosh. Math is SCARY.

Lunch. Sit with sister/ignore Dobbin and attempt not to hyperventilate as he passes by. Maybe I'm anal, but I keep thinking he's staring at me. So. hard. not. to. yell. and. ack. go. away. Lunch is boring, honestly. I'd rather be in the library, but it seems a little weird considering I work there now. We'll see.

Fourth, work at the moment. Set to change to Psychology.

Fifth, AP English. The same teacher I had last year. He's middle-aged but has been teaching for so long here that he is now teaching the granddaughter of one of his students. He's cool in a weird way. Difficult to explain. He's a bit of a legend and is addressed as his initials. Also notable, I wrote an essay last year on which he wrote: "reads like a good blog." I wasn't sure what to make of this.

Sixth, Economics. I really like the teacher. My descriptions are failing me now, but he makes the subject seem interesting. Maybe I'll retract that last statement, but his personality is cool and something. It seems like one of those deals where I'll be the only student to say anything, but we'll see. Dobbin's brother is in this class. I know very little of the guy, yes, but it's tempting to say uncharitable things about him anyway. I guess I won't, but my perception of him isn't good. Would it be completely inappropriate to say that he's more attractive than Dobbin? That's really mean of me. Maybe it's a defense mechanism. But, as for something possibly relevant, when Dobbin and I first "got together" I spoke to his (then) girlfriend and our conversation went something like this: Her: "Yeah, I know I'm dating [dude] and everything, but I never know what's going on." Me: "I wonder if it runs in the family."

Seventh, work. Should stay that way. Eighth, Animation at the moment, should change to a work period also. If anything, this will eliminate constantly clocking in and out. Probably other things.

I can't decide whether this blog post has been a fail or not. Um. See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Your day is SO LONG and with so many classes! My goodness . . .

    Those "getting to know you" intro activities are a good way to decide who you never want to partner with for projects. Having Twilight listed as a favorite book is a great way to get on that list.

    I wish I could invent something that would make Dobbin invisible to you. GRRR :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am commenting on this RIGHT NOW. If you check your blogger stats, this is probably your most viewed post. That is because I have opened it about a BILLION times with the intention of leaving a comment, and catching up on BEDA posts, only to fail all billion times. That ends right now!!

    Do you like the 45 minute periods? I had 90 minute classes, so I had half my classes every day and alternated days. It was kind of confusing, but really nice. I can't imagine having to lug around books for all my classes EVERY single day!!

    I want to inquire as to your classes...but something is telling me I should shut up and keep reading...so I'm off to do just that!

    ReplyDelete