Thursday, August 12, 2010

Blog Every Day August: 8/12

You again join me at a time in which I am wearing jogging pants. This is not because I am doing laundry (though I'm still working on that one) but because I need to commune with my treadmill directly after I finish this. Senior orientation is tomorrow morning and I guess sleep would be a good idea. I love staying up late. School stretches and morphs my sleep patterns into supremely evil shapes. The facts that a) I am definitely not a morning person and b) I really like sleeping really do not go well with the scholastic year. I will generally force myself to bed around 10:30 and wake at 6:30, and even in this it is never enough. One particularly cranky morning, upon being prodded for a research topic in English, I chose to write a paper on teen sleep deprivation. As a result of this "research" I am even more against schools in general and would thoroughly appreciate a later start time thank you very much. I have trouble focusing and functioning at all in the morning, much to the chagrin of those in close contact to me. All I can think or say is "don't talk to me!" and "no, I would not like you to cook me breakfast my brain hurts goodbye!" Which I realize probably sounds a bit evil and ungrateful. My mother and sister don't share my aversion to mornings. Such is life.

My only thoughts at this juncture pertain to my shoulder (it hurts, I blame exercise) and orientation tomorrow. Well, also sleep. My face has been kind enough to break out excellently in preparation for my school portrait thing. I also have no clue what to wear. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it. This is a possibility. Still, though. My mother refuses to accompany me ("I'm a big girl now!") and it makes me sad. Scary scary scary and things.

Let's talk about VoldeTread and why I am spending time with him. It's something to discuss, anyway. My weight does interesting things. For instance, I gained thirty pounds when we moved here. I guess I attribute this to stress. Then, (mostly) also due to stress, I lost them back again this past year. I was chronically tired, dizzy and had to force myself to eat. For quite some time we had suspected I was anemic, but when I got my blood tested everything was fine. When I complained to my doctor he suggested all of this (tiredness, lack of focus, et cetera) was psychological, and it may be, but that thought doesn't provide some magic cure. While I'm able to eat more now and am generally less tired, it still hasn't totally gone away. I'm still bedridden if I eat very much at one time but dizzy and tired if I eat nothing at all. It's a balance I'm attempting to master. But anyway, I'm back to where I guess I was two years ago weight-wise. People would still tell you I'm "overweight" but they can go die in a hole (violence! I blame aching shoulder). Anyway, my idea regarding VoldeTread is that the exercise might help me gain back some energy/stamina and possibly allow me to lose a bit more weight. I'm trying to think of it more as pertaining to the former than the latter, though. It also allows me some time each day when I can rationalize not worrying. This has been a really weird paragraph. Moving on!

Come to think of it, I have nothing else fantastic to speak to you about at the moment. Babbling. I do it often. Good day to you.

4 comments:

  1. I hate mornings too. :( I'm just so bad at them. And I've been trying to skip breakfast since I was a small child, but even at sixteen, I get the "Sit down and eat, it's the MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY" speech.

    Good luck with orientation and whatnot<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. School days SHOULD start later! Scientifical studies have shown that.

    Also, thank you for mentioning breakfast, because it reminds me that I have not had any yet, and I am hungry.

    Good luck with orientation today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katharine, one thing you will love about college next year is this: choosing your classes! Which often means choosing your class TIMES!
    I've had days before when I don't start class til 1pm - it's glorious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had 8 o'clock classes every day for both semesters last year...which was, admittedly, later than the start times I had in high school but still WAY TOO EARLY. This year, by pure coincidence (I swear I didn't plan it!) none of my classes start until after 12 PM. WIN! It's funny, though, because I actually like getting up early. Not the getting up part, but the being awake and productive part.

    Exercising always turns me into a more energetic person. It's seems like twisted logic, but I swear it's true. And if anyone ever gives you hell about your appearance I advocate face punching. Who are they to judge?! Be happy, be healthy, love yourself and screw the rest. Seriously, just get a power drill and drive screws into their skulls. Maybe we can drain out their OBVIOUSLY useless brains. :D

    ReplyDelete