Monday, August 9, 2010

Blog Every Day August: 8/9

I am writing this as "Outside World" plays in the background. To get it over with. Trying not to cry or do anything silly. I've told myself since the Dobbin situation that once this song came on shuffle again I would let myself cry. Now, I'm not crying now. Hopefully this won't happen. Recently I've been waiting and waiting for it to come up, and it hasn't, and it's gotten to the point that I'm scared to leave iTunes on shuffle. Silly, possibly. But there you are. If you must know, it was kind of our song. Enough with that. The song is now over and I can speak with you about less depressing things.

My honorary Godfather, Dave Rhodes, recently suggested I write a guest post for the hilarious and wonderful you should read it please RhodesTer Chronicles. His only specification was to "make it funny." I was stumped. I may have also suffered from a panic attack. However, I did manage to come up with this. At least now my dog is famous! Really, click the link. Click it click it click it. You should also really go annoy him on my behalf. Despite the fact that he only ever Skypes me when he's procrastinating (meanie), he's really cool. Coffeesister is also an integral part of the team, being my honorary Godmother and a generally awesome and fantastical person. They're married. You know, as you do. Twenty years! I love them so.

Please let it be known that I have no idea how this post is going to work sequentially. I have ideas but no clear plan as to putting them together, which ought to be fun. Before I go any further, I would truly appreciate it if you'd keep my mom in your thoughts tomorrow, as she has a job interview. My mother is so deserving of good things. I cannot even express it. I cannot. Also, today it came to my attention that she has started reading my blog, so hello! Your daughter's head is a rather spectacular place sometimes.

In the three years that I have been a member of YouTube I've managed to pile up over 300 subscriptions. With much dragging of feet and putting off, I've pruned my subscriptions from 330 to 160. I felt a bit bad about it, but I was lying to myself thinking I might be able to keep up. So that was an accomplishment. I also went through my RSS reader and did some pruning, and a few weeks ago I parsed through some of my bookmarks. The internet is lovely, but it leaves me with a lot of clutter. I can't help it. I want to save everything, which is why this is still in my bookmarks after three years. It's pretty quality, though, don't you think?

This month marks my three year anniversary of becoming a nerdfighter. If you're up for an eight minute tirade you can watch my video on the (vague) subject, but I really don't blame you if you don't. In any event, I am still very happy to be a nerdfighter. This community has brought me so many good things, and I have a feeling my own part only scratches one surface. Maybe I will elaborate at another time. This is getting very "look at this link! Look at it! Shiny!" and I commend you for sticking around.

In addition to pruning my online world a tad and trolling my guest post over at The RhodesTer Chronicles (sorry, I can't help it), I did a bit more organizing today. I'm getting achingly close to being "finished," or as close to finished as I can reasonably reach. At this point it's really a matter of sorting through the dregs I'm not sure what to do with and moving things into new homes. In any event, weird. Despite the fact that I've moved a lot, putting things in boxes doesn't mean you thoroughly evaluate them. Sure, they get sorted more often and maybe thought about more, but it still isn't the same thing. So intense!

You hate me now. That's okay.

I haven't spent time with Dobby's Tea Tread (still working on names here) in the past two days. Why do I feel lazy? I guess that should happen, or something. I'm close to finishing my Firefly rewatch. Sad times. I haven't read any more since I last posted. Distractions. Things. Good day to you.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting for Monday so that I didn't have to. Teri, good luck on the interview tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read and loved the guest post! Also, I totally sympathize with the whole 'I have too many videos to watch but not enough time or energy'. I deleted some of my subscriptions too and it's a lot more convenient to find a specific video from a specific YouTuber and ignore the rest.

    Good luck Momma Katherine! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dobbin sounds like a jerk, fyi.

    Your guest post was cute. :) It sounds like something that would happen to me too... XD

    Aaaand, I'm very happy that you're a nerdfighter. :)

    Also, it's really sweet that you're so close with your mom. Most teens don't have that kind of relationship. I love my mother tons, and I spend a lot of time with her irl...But she stays out of my online life. Cause, I don't know, I feel the need for SOME personal space?

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave: You're welcome!

    iisradxp: Thank you! Indeed. So many things to watch, so little time. Hopefully both of our experiences will be improved by the purge.

    Manar: He is. But my main problem is the lack of understanding I can find in the whole thing. One, I haven't seen him since before he broke up with me, so there isn't that physical "okay, I'm walking away now." Secondly, as there is no logic that I can find, it doesn't feel *over*. But I'll get there. I'm getting better. Thinking about it gets me moody. It was two months ago now--but still, no answers. Except that he's a jerk. I'll survive and there are better days ahead and things. I feel silly going on and on about it, but... oh well. Life.

    Thank you! Ahh, the joys of nature. xD

    My mom doesn't usually keep up with my online "life." She's aware of it and free to look at if she wants, but usually I'll just tell her interesting bits and pieces. Personal space is important. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your guest post, by the way - very funny as clever, as per usual :)

    And I knoooow what you mean about the internet clutter! I've got bookmarks galore, and now I've started trying to use "delicious", which has made my regular Firefox bookmarks tab somehow disappear and it's all very confusing . . . oh Internet - you cause about as much stress as you relieve!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post was wonderful! Great job! :D

    Also, I never *ever* tire of being Hankroll'd.

    ReplyDelete