Friday, August 12, 2011

Blog Every Day August: 8/12

In nine days I will be living with one of my closest friends. Her name is Laurel.

I gave her this pen. She hasn't realized I had it
enchanted to make her like me yet. Shh!

We crossed paths in interland last November; soon our common interest in libraries and librarianship was realized and she convinced me to visit her college. She's a writermusicianYouTuber, and super cool human being. I visited her in December, then in February and June. I decided her college was right; she asked me to be her roommate. Somewhere in the mix we became close.

She was the first interperson I met in person in the big, wide world. And she got (gets) me. We're both complete and utter saps with crazy tendencies, so it works out pretty well. We worry and obsess over similar things. Our words to one another might as well be encrypted for all the sense they make to those surrounding us.

Laurel is all around delightful. I think I will keep her.

Laurel makes the best faces.


Yours truly: "WHAT SHOULD I BLOG ABOUT?"
Laurel: "How hot I am."

I concur.


Days until college: 9

5 comments:

  1. I. Fucking. Love. You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Having had terrible roommate situations, and now having a great roommate situation, I APPROVE. :D (Again, yes. How about a third? :D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE BOTH OF YOU. #unofficialthirdroommate

    And jeez, Laurel needs to stop being so hot. It makes breathing and things difficult. ;)

    ...I can't wait to see the Laurel face mural. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw. That's so awesome. The Internet is a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep this post, somehow. Long after Blogger is gone, and possibly Google, and you and Laurel are old and bickering over who is the most handsome young attendant in the old lady home. You'll want to read this and smile, and set it front of her and say, "Put your glasses on girlie, and look.. I forgot we went back this far!"

    ReplyDelete