Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Blog Every Day August: 8/17

If there was ever any question as to whether I was a great big sap, call off the search, as today's events are a vaguely good example of my tendencies.

This afternoon I had the great privilege of lunching with my good friend John. We drove around our metropolis of a town in search of a classy food source; when I refused to choose point blank, John skillfully guided the vehicle in which we were traveling to an Asian buffet (mmm, Asians). It really is the most stylish place around. How it exists is beyond me.

There we (unpredictably) ate food.

Following our foray into fine dining, we removed ourselves from the premises (John kindly allowing me to open the door for myself, a great leap for womankind as a whole) and went to a land in which we consumed ice cream. It was delicious. I was a most elegant creature and spilled mine only twenty times or so.

Our banter throughout the outing was, on the whole, fairly incoherent. He is a quality being.

Tiny town Texas being the unsavory place that it is, I didn't expect to have friends I would miss upon my departure. I will miss John very much, but our adventures need not end here - for which I am grateful. Friendship is nifty.

We're kind of extremely adorable.


Days until college: 4

3 comments:

  1. You two. Are the most cute. Can't even handle it.
    I AM GLAD YOUR NOM LAND WAS DELICIOUS AND LOVELY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Asians are yummy. I once dated this girl in the Philippines, and.. oh never mind.

    Your writing continues to get more and more entertaining. A regular Katharine Bombeck, you are. The day will come when you'll have to give notice to the library because the book tours will take too much of your time. Mark my words. Well, not all of them. Just those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'ALL. ARE. SO. ADORABLE.
    Friendship is indeed the most nifty.

    Ugh, you should bring John to UNT with you.

    ReplyDelete