Saturday, August 13, 2011

Blog Every Day August: 8/13

I hate shopping. My mother has had to forcibly drag me into stores since I was but a wee lass. Unless books or stuffed animals are involved I flee, and even then I find peace only in small doses. Florescent lighting makes me feel slightly sick; I am easily overwhelmed; life is ever so difficult.

But today my brethren and I ventured to The Container Store, which is a magical land quite worth the spike in adrenaline and subsequent exhaustion. Organization is one of my very favorite things and my mother happens to be a bit of an organizing guru.

This happened. It was intense.
I am an adult.

Can you tell how amused I am by adding
photos to these posts? It's so much fun!
It's almost as if I'm interesting.

I don't know how I can thank you all for your consistently fantastic and caring comments through this rather violently emotional month. Today has been slightly better. You truly do have my love, glitter and heartfelt appreciation. I will bake each and every one of you cookies, providing you visit me directly and ply me with affection. If only all tokens of love came this cheaply, no?
Do not question the coffee.

I've made plans to see John for lunch next week before I'm off to college land; we continue to plot the destruction of the earth via llamas and remain the classiest of individuals. Partners in crazy Laurel and Manar have been texting me details of their adventures with interfriends all day. 

This is what my evening currently looks like. I haven't spoken directly to my interwife's face in quite some time and have missed her ever so. Currently she is teaching me camp songs.

Life is good.

My living area has looked like this for weeks.
Packing schmacking.


Days until college: 8

4 comments:

  1. You can send me cookies, right? Or do I have to show up in person?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I went to the new flagship Compartment Store on Fifth Avenue and bought everything I need to get my life in order.

    There was a stacker thing to separate your junk mail from your humidifier catalogs, a thing you stick on your laptop that holds your keys, a round plastic deal that holds your shoes with a pocket for a photograph of what shoes are in there.

    I'm going to become wonderful. It's a new beginning, like a Phoenix rising..." - Liz Lemon, 30 Rock

    Dunno, popped into my head while reading this. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THE CONTAINER STORE SO MUCH. It is The Actual Best.

    Your giraffe toothbrush holder is my favorite thing. And I am totes collecting cookies from you.

    I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU I LOVE YOU SO MUCH I AM BURSTING OMG. :D #themostcalm #alphabuddies #sapslock

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am BAFFLED and IMPRESSED by your brilliant organizational/packing skills. BAFFLED AND IMPRESSED. :D

    ReplyDelete