Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Blog Every Day August: 8/31

Fifty four pages of Government reading still call my name, yet I have spent my evening writing letters and sneering at it and my other homework.

In my last English class the girl I was seated next to informed me she had not done the reading and instead guessed at the quiz questions, which apparently worked out well for her. In Government, again, several humans behind me discussed at length their tactics for doing as little as possible. Call me insane or naive (both?), but I really like schoolwork. Which is not to say that I do not expect to freak out in the near future over the state of my academics. I have no idea what I am doing.

This August has been tumultuous, to say the least. I almost want to apologize, as it has not been what I might have wished in terms of writing. Several of my buddies in this venture are facing the same problem; words are not easily found these days and oftentimes a painful ordeal. In some ways, I worry, I have failed you or wasted your time. But for what it is, this affair has helped me. Words have shed some of their fright. 

Sticking it out counts for something.

My fondest regards to all of you. I will be back.

4 comments:

  1. I get annoyed when people think it's so amazing because they've done so little with schoolwork. I'm looking forward to trying my hardest this year.

    I enjoyed BEDA this year as well, especially reading your blog! DFTBA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those other people will be guessing how to properly make the milkshakes because they won't be bothered to read the employee instruction manual at the Burger King. No worries, as you'll be a librarian and therefore will never see them again after college. Except when you pull up to the drive-thru window but be careful of the shakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS ON COMPLETING BEDA! Keep blogging regularly though, because I love your blogs. :)

    I have a tendency to skate by in school sometimes, because I am lazy, but also because I get easily stressed out by a lot of work...But, like, I always *learn* the material. Like, I will do the amount of work that I need to do in order to Get It, and then the rest just seems superfluous and annoying to me, but I really admire good students who work hard, etc! And I am trying to get better!

    Anyway, I love you. Enjoy your humans this weekend, and I will hopefully see you next weekend<3
    (Teeheehee, I love how I said that as if I am not about to talk to you on Skype like right now.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHA. I didn't even finish. I thought the most fitting end to my non-success train-wrecky BEDA was a non-end. I admire you for sticking it out to the very end. NICE WORK, LOVELY LADY.

    See you soon?? I really do hope so. :)

    ReplyDelete