Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Blog Every Day August: 8/2

Today's edition of Blog Every Day August is brought to you by Bertha, the air conditioner who semi-faithfully served my current place of inhabitance for seventeen years. 

Following an extended period of illness, this evening Bertha's spirit departed planet earth* in favor of the Great Air Conditioning Palace Above (GACPA). Bertha lived to a ripe old age in her home, where she enjoyed whispering sweet lullabies to fellow inhabitants and serving her life's purpose adequately in the blistering heat of tiny town Texas. She is survived by three humans, two felines and one canine. A memorial service will follow; well wishers are advised to dress casually.




* There were fumes and many loud noises. It was quite dramatic and heart wrenching, I assure you; Miss Bertha certainly had panache. 

3 comments:

  1. #reasonswhyiloveyou

    I hope that your AC troubles are solved soon, because without AC, Texas heat is no fun! D:
    (In fact, come to think of it, even with AC, I wouldn't call Texas heat FUN exactly...just bearable.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am literally falling out of my chair I'm laughing so hard!!! It's a problem, because PC Hammer is balanced precariously on my hand while I tip over, guffawing at your hilarity.

    You're so wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete