Monday, August 22, 2011

Blog Every Day August: 8/22

Maybe this is all a dream. That's how it works, right? Nightmare, pleasant dream, what-have-you - an abrupt finish line must await me at the most inopportune of moments. I am halfway in denial and split as to whether I really want to be here; I am as terrified as I am thrilled.

Classes start on Thursday. My residence hall box receptacle is adorable and comforting. Partner In Crazy and I attended the first meeting of our university's Harry Potter Alliance this afternoon, which went better than expected. Harry Potter folk or no, I was all sorts of nervous. Afterwards we ventured to obtain food in the land of the mighty cafeteria only to find that the door was missing and the cafeteria is under construction.

Thus we made our way instead to a magic cafeteria, which has recently converted all vegan. It was yummy and exciting (food! I was ecstatic. I should probably eat food more often...); there I happenstanced upon the sole human I know from the general vicinity of tiny town Texas. Fancy that! She is quite lovely.

I have acquired a P.O. Box in college land, if any of you peeps* require the address. I have been searching desperately (not desperately) for postcards and have yet to find them. Soon! I wish to send postcards to all of you.


Days until college: -1


* You're welcome. I am the most eloquent of beings.

4 comments:

  1. Howwwww do you not start classes until Thursday?! I'm transferring. Where do I sign up?

    I don't really like hot things, which I hear Texas is, but I know that I like a) You b) Harry Potter c) Vegan food d) Not starting classes today e) Majoring in Librarianism and f) You. (again) SIGN ME UP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish there was an HPA at my school. But we do have an Invisible Children club, and a TOMS club so I'm happy for now :-p

    OOOOooooOOOoo, postcards? I haven't gotten one of those from an actual person in a while. Those are always the funs.

    Also, ya for awesome cafeterias. The one at my school is pretty awesome. It's more of a buffet, plus we also have various other popular food places (like Einstein Bagel, Taco Bell, Chick-fil-A, and Subway) scattered all over campus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HURRAH FOR HPA AND VEGAN CAFETERIAS. I can't wait for FRIDAY, when I get to rock your world. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *eyeing that mailbox in anticipation of a postcard from the edge*

    ReplyDelete