Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Blog Every Day August: 8/3

I dearly wish to entertain you, my friends. Truly I do. However, lacking a working air conditioner in August (in Texas!) is less than a happy event and has seriously negated my work ethic. I may or may not be slowly turning into an unrecognizable blob of sweat. Don't worry! I'll reconstitute eventually. Until then, I'm the one raving madly about llamas and trickery in the glitter distribution industry to anyone who wished listen (and a few who don't). It's difficult to miss me.

For now I find myself sitting as still as possible in front of my computer (it's hot, but it's also necessary for survival) with the lights off. My portable fan is working its heart out. I've opened the window behind me for the first time in my memory and am even wearing capris. To those unaware of the enormity of this wardrobe change, I have lived in extremely warm climates for years and still refuse to wear anything but long pants. I will make brief forays into skirt wearing for the amusement and fun of it, but long pants are where my fashion deprived soul finds true nourishment.

I find great delight in my crazy; you needn't worry.

Bertha's replacement is to be installed on Friday. I hear he is a dapper and up-and-coming gentleman who shall make my brethren and I exceedingly joyous; I believe I will call him Ralph.

Until then, let us take this time to ruminate on the admirable service our Bertha provided. May her spirit rest peacefully in GACPA forevermore.

5 comments:

  1. Did you know there's virtually know AC here in San Francisco? It's not needed. We air-condition by opening the window. So now would be a good time for you to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO, not KNOW.. on the second no which is a no and not a know, you know? Why can't we edit blogger comments?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never lived with air conditioning. I don't live in tiny-town-bloody-freaking-hot-Texas, but I do live in Utah. Which is almost often too hot in these summer months for not having AC. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU DON'T HAVE AC BECAUSE YOU'RE SO COOL THE PLACE WILL FREEZE IN AN INSTANT!

    Hahahahaha, I love you Katherine<3 Hang in there. :)

    Also, your words are shiny, and I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I refused to wear shorts for THE LONGEST time, and one day I just woke up and said EFF IT ALL, and put some on, and I have never looked back. DO IT. Honestly. Just go out there and own it. Your lovely legs will thank you.

    I'm behind as always, so you've probably already had some bonding time with Ralph and thus my comments mourning the absence of Bertha are simply outdated. I would ABSOLUTELY make a heartfelt statement of sympathy, were such a comment still applicable.

    ReplyDelete